The following rules and regulations for Glen Cove Swim Club are intended for the benefit and protection of all members and to assure safe and sanitary operation of the facility. Your cooperation in abiding by these conditions will afford pleasant relation and recreating for all concerned. These rules and regulations are to be enforced by the lifeguards. Additional safety protocol may be necessary and lifeguards must use common sense and their own judgment in dealing with unspecified problems as they arise. These rules are available in the guard shack at the poll for referral if necessary.
The Board of Directors has delegated authority to the Pool Management and Staff for the enforcement of these rules and regulations. Parents will instruct their children to observe all rules and regulations, and to obey the instruction of the lifeguards. The Pool Management Staff will take whatever action deemed necessary for the safe and orderly operation of this facility.
All posted pool hours are subject to guard availability. Glen Cove will not open without adequate guard coverage.
Sunday – Thursday 10:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Friday – Saturday 10:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
DISD School Days 4:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Weekends prior to Memorial Day and after Labor Day weather permitting
Saturday Noon – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday Noon – 6:00 p.m.
Holiday Pool Hours
Memorial Day, July 4th & Labor Day 10:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- The pool will close due to the following weather conditions for a minimum of 30 minutes: below 70 degrees, thunder, lightning or whenever deemed necessary in the judgment of the Pool Management to insure the safety of Club Members and their Guests. Notification must be given to a member of the Club’s Board of Directors.
- Pool closings due to equipment failure, vandalism, inadequate staging or unsanitary swimming conditions will announced to the membership to the extent possible.
- The pool may close to the general membership from time to time for swim meets and/or other special events. These closings will be posted on the website and social media, and announced to the membership at least one week prior to the event.
Entry to the Pool
- No person, member, guest or employee, shall use the pool unless it is officially open and lifeguards are on duty. Persons entering or using the pool area other than during designated hours of operation, unless specifically authorized by a member of the Board of Directors, shall be considered as trespassers and subject to criminal and civil prosecution.
- No person shall be allowed to use the pool or facilities until identified with a current season pool ID by a member of the pool Staff. This ID must be presented upon every visit to the Club.
- Admittance to the pool and facility will be refused to any person having a skin disease, sore or inflamed eyes, a cold, nasal or ear discharge, communicable or contagious disease, open sores or wounds, or having excessive sunburn.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member of the pool and signed in by an adult (18 years or older) member only. The member is responsible for the conduct of his or her guests. This responsibility includes financial liability for any damages. There is a fee of $2.00 per guest with a limit of six (6) guests at one time. Any more than six (6) guests constitutes a party and all fees and regulations for parties apply.
- A guest, whether swimming or not, is any person who has not paid membership dues for the current season and is not a member of Glen Cove Swim Club. There is a $3 guest fee for all non-members over two (2) years of age.
- Guests are considered as non-permanent residents of a member address, visiting friends or relatives of a Glen Cove Swim Club member whose dues are paid for the current season.
- Swimmers and bathers should take a shower before entering the pool.
- Proper swimming attire should be worn. T-shirts are acceptable as long as they are worn over a bathing suit. For example, cut-offs or ragged shorts are not permitted.
- Follow the lifeguard’s instructions at all times.
- Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing all rules, and any additional rules that are necessary for safety and control of the pool area.
- Do not enter the water unless a lifeguard is on duty. Eighteen years and older may swim without a lifeguard during adult swim time only.
- The lifeguard stands are to be used by the lifeguards only.
- All injuries on the premises should be reported to the Club Manager or Shift Leader immediately.
- Public displays of affection, such as kissing, hugging or other bodily contact (other than holding hands) except for a brief, momentary period of time, are not allowed.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed in the pool.
- Use of the pool when it is closed is prohibited.
- The following are not allowed in the pool or pool area:
Chewing gum, Pets, Glass of any kind*, Confetti, Balloons, Rough play, Spitting, Profane language, Blowing of nose in pool, Bicycles, Skateboards, Rollerblades, Spouting of water, Running
- Food and beverages must be kept at tables or with your belongings. No food or beverage is allowed in the pool or in the wading pool.
- Persons unable to display to the lifeguard their ability to swim will not be allowed in the deep water. Persons unable to display to the lifeguard their ability to swim to the ladder will not be allowed to use the diving board.
- To ensure maximum attention to pool safety by lifeguards, members are requested to stay clear of guard stands and not to converse with the lifeguards who are on duty on the stand or on the deck. The guards are there for your safety – NO FRATERNIZATION. This includes no children in the guard shack.
- There will be a 10-minute break every hour for all persons under 18 years of age. Adults over 18 years of age are allowed to swim during this time at their own risk.
- Only one bounce on the diving board is allowed. One on person is allowed on the diving board at a time, Dive in a direction straight off the end of the board. Swim directly to a ladder or towards the float rope. Do not do handstands on the diving board. The diving board may be closed when the pool is crowded so the membership and their guests may use the full area of the pool for swimming. The diving area will not be used for general swimming without closing down the diving board. Diving off the racing blocks is not permitted. Jumping from the racing blocks to the diving board is not permitted.
- Diving in the shallow area is not permitted.
- Flotation devises for children are not allowed in the pool unless an adult is at the side of the child when in use.
- Rafts, beach balls, inflatable mats and toys, water guns or water balls, and fun noodles will be allowed in the main pool during non-peak times. Non-peak times will be at the discretion of the lifeguards and Pool Management.
- The Pool Management and Swim Club Board of Directors have the authority to exclude from the pool and/or facility any person for misconduct and failure to obey rules and regulations.
- Children eight (8) and under must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older) while in the pool and facility.
- Children nine (9) and older may be at the pool facility if they display their ability to swim the length of the pool without stopping and that they obey all rules and regulations.
- There must be a ratio of one adult for every five (5) children (under 5 years of age) while using the pool and facilities.
- Children in diapers must wear protective pants. Disposable diapers are not allowed in the main pool OR wading pool. If a child is in the pool without protective pants, the parent will be asked to remove the child immediately. Swim diapers are recommended.
- Children five (5) and under are allowed to use the wading pool. Supervision of children in the wading pool is the responsibility of the parent(s), who must remain in the wading pool area with their child(ren) at all times.
Lost & Found
- Lost articles will be placed on shelves in the lost and found area. Articles not claimed within seven (7) days will be disposed of.
- Glen Cove Swim Club is not responsible for loss or damage to personal belongings, bicycles or automobiles on the Swim Club premises or parking areas.
* ABSOLUTELY NO GLASS OBJECTS ARE ALLOWED ON CLUB PREMISES. Anyone with glass item(s) – bottles, dishes, etc. – in or around the pool area will be requested to remove the item(s) immediately. Lifeguards and Pool Management will use their discretion to check coolers upon entry. Failure to follow this rule is grounds for membership revocation without refund.